Welcome to Completely Comics Episode 61: Completely Important News from San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) 2012! Kentucky Geek Girl joins Will and Troy for this special ‘unplugged’ episode.
Click Here to listen to the show!
1) Update with the guys
Will: OMG, I lost my Wallet!
Troy: Not a thing.
2) Comic Book News
- Concerning Justice League: “The first year was about the Justice League and who they are and their conflicts,” Johns said. “One relationship changes in a very big way.” There will be people quitting, Johns added, saying the next year is about how the team SHOULD be, rather than as they are. Justice League #0 in September will have Billy Batson meet the Wizard Shazam. They do not get along — Shazam is weirded out that a kid is visiting him, whereas Billy doesn’t like Shazam telling him what to do. Johns says that Billy will be joining the Justice League. Tony Daniel will be on the book after Issue #12, in a story that re-introduces the Cheetah and seeds the Trinity War in 2013.
- Concerning Green Lantern: Johns says that the Third Army’s rationale is that the Guardians realize that emotion and fear aren’t the problem for universal strife — it’s free will. “The Guardians are trying to wipe out the main players,” including Lanterns like Kyle and Hal Jordan, Johns says.
Johns says that the Guardians have been working to take apart the other Corps, as well, but that Atrocitus isn’t that easy to take down. Green Lantern New Guardians #0 — “By Issue #12, you’ll learn why all those rings came to Kyle in the first place.” In Issue #0, we’re going to have more first-string Lanterns, like Atrocitous, Larfleeze and Carol Ferris. Bedard says that Kyle will begin to learn to master the other colors on the emotional spectrum.
- Writer/director/pop culture auteur Quentin Tarantino broke into DC Comics’ Before Watchmen panel at Comic-Con Saturday to announce a Django Unchained comic book adaptation at DC, based on his highly-anticipated upcoming film. According to DC, the 5-issue limited series will go on sale in November. “One of the things I’m really excited about is that Django Unchained is a big epic, and when I write these epics there’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t make the movies” Tarantino told the audience. “I’m always stuck with adapting my unwieldy script into a movie every day. So what’s really cool with doing this is as a comic book is it’s the entire script. All the material that didn’t make the movie will all be part of the piece. I’m really excited about that!” “So be looking out for Django Unchained in a comic book store near you! And thanks for letting me barge in on your panel”
- Neil Gaiman will be returning for the last remaining Sandman story, and will be drawn by J.H. Williams. It will be released in 2013, and tells the story of how Morpheus became inprisoned prior to Sandman #1.
- The Hulk series will get a name change, and a new lead character. It will now be titled Red She-Hulk.
There was a lot of great Cosplay at SDCC 2012. Check out our Facebook group page for more photos!
Completely Comics Facebook Group Page!
- Confirmed for Iron Man 3… Ben Kingsley is Mandarin. The ‘Iron Patriot’ photo leaked a while ago is in fact War Machine, not Norman Osborne. The movies plot draws many elements from the “Extremis” story arc.
- Thor 2 Has Started Filming In London – In the Marvel Studios Panel at Comic-Con, Kevin Feige revealed that filming has already started in London for Thor The Dark World. Loki will not be the main villain in Thor 2, but will have a part. Zachary Levi will be replacing Josh Dallas as Fandral the Dashing. Kenneth Branagh is not directing, instead it will be Alan Taylor from Game of Thrones. Thor The Dark World movie is scheduled to be released in theaters in the United States on November 8, 2013.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier was announced. Most likely based on the story from the comic where Bucky Barnes is found frozen in the ice, much like Cap, but was instead found by the Russians who turned him into an assassin. The movie arrives on April 4, 2014.
- Marvel announced the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, putting the rumor to rest. The lineup for the film includes Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, Gamorra, Groot and Star Lord. It will be released on August 1, 2014.
- Director Edgar Wright (‘Shaun of the Dead’) who has long been rumored to be working on an ‘Ant Man’ movie, confirmed that he is directing an ‘Ant Man’ movie but no release date is yet set. Since Marvel is aiming for two movies per year, I wouldn’t expect to see this one before 2015.
- Firefly is getting a shiny new TV special. To celebrate the cult-favorite sci-fi drama’s 10th anniversary, Science Channel is shooting a new one-hour special chronicling the Firefly cast reunion at Comic-Con this week. The special — titled Browncoats Unite — will include footage from Friday’s reunion panel, featuring several members of the original team including star Nathan Fillion and creator Joss Whedon. Plus, the cast is shooting an in-depth behind-the-scenes roundtable interview that will dive deeper into burning fan questions about the beloved series. Both the panel and the roundtable will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly‘s own Jeff Jensen.
- Disney/Marvel announced a Phineas and Ferb special episode, featuring the first official crossover between the Disney and Marvel properties. Phineas and Ferb will meet some of Marvel’s biggest heroes, including Spider-Man, Thor and Iron Man.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/completelycomics .
Discuss things with us on Facebook.. Completely Comics Facebook Group Page
Follow us on Twitter @completelycomic
Voicemail at 641.715.3900 and enter extension 694617#.
You can subscribe to us on iTunes, Stitcher, and now you can find us in the XBox 360 Marketplace!
Help out the show by going to www.completelycomics.wordpress.com/helptheshow (don’t forget to check out the Comic Radio!)
Click Here to listen to the show!
* A proud member of the Comic Related Podcast Network.