Welcome to Completely Comics Episode 49: Completely Avengers vs X-Men
The Hunger Games, The Louisville Zoo, and Avengers vs X-Men are all discussed on this Spring Break Episode!
Click Here to listen to the show!
2) Comic Book News
- Avengers vs X-Men #1 will be released this week, starting Marvel’s new, bi-weekly event. There’s a lot of excitement going on surrounded this event. They released a #0 last week to get caught up with some of the players in this story.. namely Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers.
- Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim is going to be re-released in Color! The first volume “Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life” will be released in August.
- Vertigo’s “Fables” series will have a graphic novel called “Werewolves of the Heartland” being released in November.
- Felicia Day launched her “Geek and Sundry” network this week, starting with an all day event on April 1st on Google+. The first releases have been “The Flog” following Felicia as she learns about real life blacksmithing and “Tabletop” featuring Wil Wheaton and his guest playing the board game “Small World”. Also released is the first couple of chapters of “Secret” a Dark Horse motion comic. They have also been releasing the full seasons of Felicia’s web series “The Guild” and a new music video, “I’m The One That’s Cool.”
- The premieres of Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man occurred over the weekend on Disney XD.
3) Resource Review Newsarama 10 possible AvX endings.
4) Muy Bueno
Avengers Vs. X-Men #1 (Of 12)
Brian Michael Bendis • John Romita Jr. (A)
Cover By Jim Cheung
Variant Covers By Ryan Stegman & John Romita Jr.
Blank Variant Also Available
• It’s No Longer Coming—It’s Here!
• Does The Return Of The Phoenix To Earth Signal The Rebirth Of The Mutant Species? That’s What The X-Men Believe!
• Unfortunately, The Avengers Are Convinced That Its Coming Will Mean The End Of All Life On Earth!
• The Stage Is Set For The Ultimate Marvel Showdown In This Oversized First Issue!
40 Pgs./Rated T+ …$3.99
5) Wiki of the Week: Scarlet Witch’s powers
The Scarlet Witch possesses the mutant power of affecting probability fields. By a combination of gestures and mental concentration, she creates a hex-sphere, a finite pocket of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force, which upon reaching its intended target, causes disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target. Thus, unlikely phenomena will occur. Among the many phenomena she is able to cause are: the sudden melting of gun barrels, the spontaneous combustion of any flammable object, the rapid rust or decay of various organic and inorganic materials, the poltergeist-like deflection of an object in flight, the sudden evacuation of air from a given volume, the disruption of energy transmissions and fields, and so on. These phenomena occur practically instantaneously after the completion of her hex. Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight. (She cannot watch a live television broadcast and cause a hex-phenomenon to occur at its point of origin.) Scarlet Witch’s hex-casting ability had a 20% unreliable factor and she is limited in the range of sight, although she has been able to overcome the latter limitation on occasion via extreme concentration and sorcerous enchantment.
Wanda is also a living focal point for the earth’s magic. Her sorcerous training with Agatha Harkness is separate from her mutant ability of probability (science). But the mixture of the two makes her considerably more powerful than just using her probability powers. She has a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that true witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc. The reliability factor of her hex-casting ability is also limited by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health and mentally and emotionally alert Scarlet Witch can cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour. However, certain events in House of M, have shown that her limits may have been removed altogether. And her powers actually evolved, giving her the mutant ability to alter reality on a vast scale by way of magic
In the House of M storyline, Wanda showed that she could fly, transform people and matter, fire powerful beams of magic, and disable other mutants abilities. She could also bring the dead back to life. And while it appears that Scarlet Witch may have depowered herself, an incident with Hawkeye shows that she may have in fact retained her reality altering powers. Another hint of this, is that Wanda is 1/3 the earth’s High Priestess, As seen in tarot cards. Showing that there is still hope for her after all.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/completelycomics .
Follow us on Twitter @completelycomic
Voicemail at 641.715.3900 and enter extension 694617#.
You can subscribe to us on iTunes, Stitcher, and now you can find us in the XBox 360 Marketplace!
Help out the show by going to www.completelycomics.wordpress.com/helptheshow (don’t forget to check out the Comic Radio!)
Click Here to listen to the show!