Last week Troy mentioned that one of his favorite authors has a novel that will be released as a graphic novel. This week we ‘borrow’ an episode of Scott Sigler’s weekly podcast ‘The Friday Fix’ where Scott and the Director of Doom celebrate the collaboration with IDW that will publish in summer 2012. Chris Ryall, editor in chief at IDW, joins to tell all about it. All of this information can be found at www.scottsigler.com. Oh, also I mentioned last week an awesome trailer for the book infected. Click here for the video on YouTube.
Click Here to hear the show!
Welcome back to Completely Comics! Troy, Will and guest host Daniel Frasier discuss news from the San Diego Comic Con, Talk in detail about Daniel’s Creation ‘Nightclaw and Prowler’ as well as the details of the business of making a viable comic out of an idea you have while doodling.
Click Here to listen to the show!
1) Welcome to the show.
2) Update from the guys
Will’s news: Boo on G4
Troy’s news: An interesting thing happened while shopping on eBay
Daniel’s news: Completely finished Issue 5 of Nightclaw and Prowler
3) Comic Book News
News from the San Diego Comic Con
- One of the main goals for the new DC 52, is to add more diversity to the line. It was confirmed that The Atom in the Justice League book will be Ryan Choi (chweh). Ryan was murdered in the current DCU, but I suppose Flashpoint will change alot of things.
- Flashpoint #5 will feature a double page spread to show the journey from Flashpoint to DC’s New 52.
- Some stuff about the new 52
- Action Comics will tell the early story of Superman. Not the boy from Smallville, but his early days in Metropolis. he doesn’t have the same power set, he’s younger and brasher.
- It’s been confirmed that the Lois Lane/Clark Kent marriage is dissolved, as previous believed. In Superman #1, Lois Lane’s new boyfriend is Daily Planet co-worker Jonathan Carroll.
- Wonder Woman’s book isn’t going to retell her origin.. but will start right into the action.
- Wonder Woman has lost her pants.
- Barbara Gordon is returning to Batgirl, because she is the most recognizable Batgirl.
- There are no plans for Wally West in the new Flash series. It will focus on Barry Allen.
- Vixen and Lady Godiva will be in Justice League International.
- Demon Knights shows the fall of Camelot and explores the DC Universe in medieval times.
- Booster Gold may or may not be aware of the old timeline.
- DC will still be holding the line at 2.99.
- T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents will return with Nick Spencer remaining as writer in November.
- Grant Morrison’s book, Multiversity will come out next summer. Grant’s last Batman story will be Batman Leviathan which will also come out next year.
- IDW Publishing and DC Comics Team-up for the Star Trek/Legion of Super-heroes cross over. It will be a six issue miniseries, written by Chris Roberson and drawn by Jeffrey and Phillip Moy. Covers will be provided by Phil Jimenez with variant covers from past Legion artists Keith Giffen, Steve Lightle, and Mike Grell.
- Due to the breakout success of Fables, an all-new ongoing series is being launched called Fairest… spotlighting the female characters from Fables. The first story will be a three-issue arc focusing on Sleeping Beauty by Bill Willingham and artist Phil Jiminez. The series will include a Rapunzel storyline by novelist Laren Beukes and Inaki Miranda, as well as a third Cinderella story by Chris Roberson and Shawn McManus.
- The question of who will be the new Ultimate Spider-Man will be answered in Ultimate Fallout #4.
- The Twelve mini-series will be concluded. Number 9 will drop in february 2012. How long has this been delayed? Does anyone care anymore?
- Post Fear Itself, many titles will be branded with the ‘battle scars’ logo.. plus ‘shattered heroes’ one shots focusing on Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. Matt Fraction will be co-writing a bi-weekly 12-issue limited series titled “The Fearless” with Chris Yost and Cullen Bunn, which picks up directly after the event. Fraction will also be writing another post-‘Fear itself’ title, a new Defenders series drawn by Terry Dodson.
- October will see the end of X-men Schism as well as the final issue for Uncanny X-Men. X-men Regenesis #1 will be released that month, as well as Wolverine and the x-men #1.
- Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness come together in December to release Cable Reborn. Bringing the currently dead Cable back to the Marvel Universe. Cable has been dead since the X-men ‘second coming’ event a year ago.
- AKA Jessica Jones and The Hulk are both in development for ABC.
- A Cloak and Dagger series and a Mockingbird series are in development for ABC Family.
- Marvel Animation has Ultimate Spider-Man being developed for Disney XD. A slide show from the panel showed a sketch of Spider-man and Spider-Ham together. Drake Bell will be the voice of Spider-man. Stan Lee will have a recurring role as a janitor at Peter’s school.
- Hulk and the Agents of SMASH is in development at Disney XD. It will feature Hulk, Red Hulk, Skaar, A-Bomb and She-Hulk.
- Oni Press
- Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt’s “The Sixth Gun” is coming to the Syfy network as a six episode mini-series. The miniseries is a test to see if it could be a regular series.
- Brian K Vaughn (from Ex Machina, Y:the last man, and runaways) hasn’t been in the comics field for over a year, but will return in 2012’s image book, Saga. Co-created by Fiona Staples, Saga will be an ongoing drama for adults focusing on a family struggling for survival in the midst of war.
4) Interview with Daniel Frazier about his work.
Here are links mentioned during the interview:
http://www.comicheronews.com (Daniel’s Thought Balloons column)
5) Contact Information: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or search Completely Comics on Facebook. Or leave a voicemail at 641.715.3900 and enter extension 694617#
6) Help out the show by going to http://www.completelycomics.wordpress.com/helptheshow
Click Here to listen to the show!